Scrap Car Comparison provides data on Bristol’s ten most scrapped cars in 2021.
Bristol is the largest city in the South West and the sixth most populous city in England. The city has exceptionally high levels of walking and cycling when compared to most other UK cities, which has been boosted even further by the introduction of the e-scooter hire scheme in November 2020. This means that car ownership is lower than many other cities too; in 2011, Bristol ranked in 275th position for the number of cars or vans owned per 1000 people.
However, even if car ownership levels are lower, people still need to scrap their old vehicles. In fact, it could be that this shift over to alternative travel methods means we’re even more likely to be helping Bristolians with scrapping their unwanted cars and vans.
Over the last 12 months, Scrap Car Comparison has helped thousands of Bristol vehicles to the scrapheap, and these are the most popular make and models.
The most scrapped car brand in Bristol over the last year was Vauxhall, which made up 14% of all the vehicles we supplied scrap quotes for. Out of these, it was a very close call as to whether the Astra or Corsa was the most popular for scrapping, with the Astra just taking the lead. Next up was Ford, making up 10% of all the cars we scrapped, and then Peugeot, which totalled 10%.
Read on for the top 10 list of the most scrapped car make and models in Bristol over the last 12 months:
1. Vauxhall – 14% of all scrapped cars
- Astra – 24.5% of scrapped Vauxhalls
- Corsa – 24% of scrapped Vauxhalls
- Zafira – 12.4% of scrapped Vauxhalls
2. Ford – 10% of all scrapped cars
- Fiesta – 23% of scrapped Fords
- Focus – 22% of scrapped Fords
- Transit – 14% of scrapped Fords
3. Peugeot – 7.5% of all scrapped cars
- 206 – 27% of scrapped Peugeots
- 307 – 16% of scrapped Peugeots
- 207 – 14% of scrapped Peugeots
4. Renault – 7% of all scrapped cars
- Clio – 23% of scrapped Renaults
- Megane – 21.5% of scrapped Renaults
- Scenic – 15% of scrapped Renaults
5. Volkswagen – 6% of all scrapped cars
- Golf – 31% of scrapped Volkswagens
- Polo – 18.5% of scrapped Volkswagens
- Passat – 15% of scrapped Volkswagens
6. Citroen – 5.5% of all scrapped cars
- C3 – 20% of scrapped Citroens
- Berlingo – 14% of scrapped Citroens
- Xsara – 11% of scrapped Citroens
7. Toyota – 4% of all scrapped cars
- Corolla – 23% of scrapped Toyotas
- Yaris – 22% of scrapped Toyotas
- Avensis – 15% of scrapped Toyotas
8. Mercedes – 4% of all scrapped cars
- C-Class – 32% of scrapped Mercedes
- A-Class – 25.5% of scrapped Mercedes
- E-Class – 8% of scrapped Mercedes
9. Nissan – 3.5% of all scrapped cars
- Micra – 36% of scrapped Nissans
- Almera – 18% of scrapped Nissans
- Primera – 9.5% of scrapped Nissans
10. Fiat – 3.5% of all scrapped cars
- Punto – 20% of scrapped Fiats
- Grande – 16% of scrapped Fiats
- Panda – 13.5% of scrapped Fiats
Scrap Car Comparison was one of the country’s first comparison websites for scrap vehicle prices. Since that time, their independent website has been offering free, instant scrap and salvage quotes for all UK residents\ simply by providing a car registration and postcode. They have also grown and developed a nationwide network of reputable scrap car breakers, collectors, and dedicated buyers.