New permits for vehicle storage, depollution and dismantling facilities and small metal recycling facilities are now available for application on the Government website.
SR2021 No 12: Vehicle storage, depollution and dismantling (authorised treatment) facility is for operators of a vehicle storage, depollution and dismantling (authorised treatment) facility accepting no more than 750 tonnes of waste vehicles a year.
SR2021 No 11: Small metal recycling facility (less than 5,000 tonnes a year) is for operators of a small metal recycling facility accepting no more than 5,000 tonnes of waste each year with no more than 100 tonnes on site at any one time.
The information below applies to both the above standard rules permits:
You can apply for these standard rules permits if:
- your activity meets the rules set out in the permit
- you can manage the potential risks as set out in the generic risk assessment
In the permits:
- schedule 1 lists the permitted waste types
- schedule 2 sets out the requirements for site plans and maps – we have provided additional guidance on what we expect these plans to cover
- schedule 3 sets out the fire prevention plan
The charges for applying for these standard rules permits are:
- £2,641 for a new standard rules permit application
- £792 for a minor variation to the permit
- £2,529 to transfer the permit
- £1,585 to surrender the permit
There is also an annual subsistence charge of £971 for these standard rules permits.
You can get advice before you apply for a permit.
You cannot apply for these permits online yet.