The Complete Auto Recycling Show and Metals Recycling Event, the leading automotive and metals expo, concluded its highly anticipated two-day event on 24-25 May 2023.
With an impressive lineup of speakers and exhibitors, the event attracted 1308 industry professionals who came together to tackle the issues facing the industry, connect with new and old faces, and enjoy the sun that graced the event. The 2023 edition was considered a resounding success, reinforcing its position as a premier platform for automotive innovation and collaboration, with its sixth event.
CARS & MRE, held at the NAEC, Stoneleigh, brought together key players from the automotive industry, including manufacturers, suppliers, technology providers, and industry experts. Boasting international visitors from over 14 different countries, doubling its international attendee records from 2021, it was clear to see pre-pandemic levels returning to this event, whilst still keeping its intimate feel. Headline partners supporting the event were eBay and JMC Recycling Systems, along with event sponsors WARD, Recycling Lives and Scrap Car Comparison.
The CARS & MRE 2023 agenda featured an array of esteemed speakers who shared their expertise and vision for the industry. Among the highlights were:
- Antonia Grey, Head of Policy and Public Affairs of BMRA, alongside Chas Ambrose, Secretary of the VRA, and Lucas Hargreaves, Environmental Sustainability Manager, delivered a compelling main-stage session on waste classification: POPs and hazardous waste.
- Green Parts – Working Together, was another popular session delivered by Chris Daglis of Auto PARTnered Solutions, David Cresswell of ABP Club, Michael Golding at LV and Wayne Mason-Drust of Accident Express, focusing on the future of second-hand parts.
- Andy Latham, renowned Managing Director of Salvage Wire, captivated the audience in the workshop corner with inspiring, practical sessions on F Gas Air conditioning and Vehicle Depollution, alongside Mark Jones, Co-founder of ELV Training.
- Net-Zero was a new and key theme heavily featured across the theatres this year, with a compelling and educational session on Routes to Sustainability, covered by a panel consisting of Cameron Leitch, Policy and Public Affairs Officer – BMRA, David Humphreys, Director of Green Circle Solutions, Elisa Caton, Sustainability Manager of SYNETIQ and Robin Tait, Head of Sustainability at Recycling Lives.
These are just a few examples of the exceptional lineup of speakers who shared their knowledge and insights during the event, leaving attendees inspired and well-informed.
With a highly supported attendance of 1,308 industry professionals and 75+ exhibitors, the event fostered a vibrant yet personal environment for networking and collaboration through additional features such as the YBMR brunch, ‘Meet the Buyer’ networking session and live demonstrations with JMC Recycling Systems.
Attendees had the opportunity to connect with fellow professionals, establish strategic partnerships, network at one of the onsite features, and explore potential business opportunities.
ATF Professional are proud headline media partners for CARS & MRE. The event, in association with the BMRA and VRA, was also backed by partnerships with ABP, BVSF, Sustainability Today, Skip and Waste Magazine, and Letsrecycle.com.
The CARS & MRE Charity Dinner also boasted a full house in attendance of circa 200 attendees coming together for further out-of-hours networking and raising money for Child Bereavement UK, of which the event raised approximately £3,000 for the cause. The evening also played host to 4 industry recognition awards as follows:
- Excellence in Innovation Award – Won by Green Car Depollution
- Dedication to the Industry – Won by Andy Latham, Director, Salvage Wire
- Sustainable Solutions – Won by Malvern Panalytical
- Up and Coming Star – Won by Hannah France, Blue Machinery Group
Looking ahead, CARS & MRE is excited to announce that the next edition of the conference will take place on 21-22 May 2025. Mark your calendars as the 2025 edition event promises to deliver even more thought-provoking discussions, cutting- edge technologies, and invaluable networking opportunities.
Despite the two-year gap, the floorplan is already filling up with exhibitors keen to reserve their space for the 2025 event. For more information and updates on CARS & MRE, please visit the official website at [www.carsmre.com] and be sure to join the mailing list.
About CARS & MRE
CARS & MRE is the leading automotive and metals recycling event that brings together industry professionals, thought leaders and technology innovators to explore the future of the sector. The event showcases the latest trends, advancements, and disruptive technologies shaping the automotive industry. With a focus on collaboration and knowledge sharing, CARS serves as a platform for driving innovation and fostering strategic partnerships.