The Environment Agency (EA) recently updated their guidance for Fire prevention plans: environmental permits by including a template for creating a fire prevention plan.
We contacted the EA and received the following response:
‘In response to feedback from our customers, we have developed a template to help applicants and Operators complete their Fire Prevention Plans. All Operators are welcome to use the template.
The objectives of the template are to:
- Make it easier for Operators to provide the information that Permitting Officers need to assess FPPs i.e. help Operators to complete their FPPs correctly at the first attempt;
- Reduce the number of requests for information or Schedule 5 notices;
- Reduce the amount of time Permitting Officers spend on assessing FPPs.
The template has been designed to:
- Follow the structure of the guidance;
- Include drafting notes and links to relevant parts of the guidance which can be deleted once Operators insert their text;
- Include direct questions prompting Operators to provide the information needed.
Please note that the template does not replace sector-specific guidance, which will still be relevant.
We are starting a 3-month trial on GOV.UK on 9th January 2020. After 3 months, we will assess the success of the trial. Depending on the results, we may adopt the template.’
To see the guidance, go to www.gov.uk