To register or renew as a waste carrier, broker or dealer in England you must do so here – www.gov.uk
You must register if you do any of the following as part of your business or else face a fine of up to £5000.:
- transport waste
- buy, sell or dispose of waste
- arrange for someone else to buy, sell or dispose of waste
Registration is usually free if you only transport waste you produce yourself. Otherwise, registration costs £154.
Things to remember before you start
If waste is your main business, you’ll need the names and dates of birth of the organisation’s executives, owners, directors or partners including details of any environmental offences they’ve committed if applicable.
Once you’ve registered, your organisation’s details appear in the public register of waste carriers, brokers and dealers. (www.environment.data.gov.uk)
When you register, you’ll be told whether your registration is ‘upper tier’ or ‘lower tier’.
If you have an upper tier registration, you must renew your registration (www.wastecarriersregistration.service.gov.uk) every 3 years at a cost of £105. You don’t need to renew a lower tier registration.
If your details change you must update your registration within 28 days if:
- your organisation’s contact details change
- your organisation’s management changes
- someone in management is convicted of an environmental offence
- your organisation changes what it does, eg you’re registered as a waste carrier, but start acting as a waste broker as well
Update your contact or management details
If you registered from March 2015, update your contact or management details online. www.wastecarriersregistration.service.gov.uk
If you registered before March 2015, email or write to the Environment Agency explaining what’s changed.
Update what your organisation does
Make a new registration (https://wastecarriersregistration.service.gov.uk/registrations/find?locale=en) if you need to upgrade a lower tier registration to an upper tier registration.
- if you registered from March 2015, update what your organisation does online www.wastecarriersregistration.service.gov.uk
- if you registered before March 2015, email or write to the Environment Agency explaining what’s changed
The price of upgrading your registration is £154, or £40 to change what your organisation does.
Contact the Environment Agency at email@example.com if you’re not sure what to do and quote your registration number. You’ll find it on your registration letter or email – it starts with ‘CB’. or write to Environment Agency, Quadrant 2, 99 Parkway Avenue, Sheffield S9 4WF
To see the full content click on the following link: www.gov.uk