The 19th International Automobile Recycling Congress (IARC) takes place on the 20th to 22nd March 2019 in Vienna, Austria.
Over 250 delegates from the industry will be attending to discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together all the links in the ELV recycling chain from car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators to policy-makers from all over the world.
Look out for topics of interest:
• An update on the cars of the future and their impact on recycling
• Safety aspects of collection and recycling of electric vehicles (cars, trucks, buses, bikes)
• Benefits of the circular economy for car manufacturers and recyclers
• Latest updates from around the world on new laws and regulations impacting take-back quotas
• Sustainability benefits of automotive recycling
• Impact of autonomously driving vehicles on car recycling
• Next-generation recycling processes and equipment
• Innovations in dismantling, shredding and sorting
• How to recycle new materials used in future cars
• Recycling of lithium-ion batteries from hybrid and electric vehicles
• Reuse & refurbishment – how about data security?
• Recycling of electric and electronic components
The program also includes the following opening and keynote speakers:
• DI Christian Holzer, Federal Ministry of Sustainability and Tourism, Austria
• Manfred Beck, Chairman of the Steering Committee of IARC, Netherlands
• Andreas Tschiesner, McKinsey & Company, Inc., Germany
• Johann Prammer, voestalpine AG, Austria
An exhibition area with over 20 booths provides the opportunity to reach key industry decision makers and to find out what’s new in the global automobile recycling business.
Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
There’s an opportunity to test drive the Hyundai NEXO and Toyota Mirai for the participants of IARC 2019.
There’s is also the chance for congress participants to tour plants of the following companies:
• Scholz Austria Group, Laxenburg
• ISOVOLTA AG, Werndorf
• voestalpine Stahlwelt, Linz
If you would like to register to attend this event, please visit: www.icm.ch