Waste carriers, brokers and dealers must register with the Environment Agency (EA).
The current online registration system doesn’t allow customers who have registered since March 2015 to renew online.
The EA is upgrading their system so customers can renew online, but it may not be ready until June 2018.
The EA has provided this regulatory position statement (RPS) so that businesses can operate lawfully in the interim period.
If you need to renew after 25 March 2018, the EA will:
- tell you what you need to do if the extension applies to you when they send you your renewals reminder
- extend your current registration by 3 months at no extra charge – you will not need to renew until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- extend the registrations of affected customers in stages until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- put a notice on the renewals page of the online registration system telling those affected about the automatic extension
- make sure your business is still registered and visible on the public register during the extension period
Registration costs £154 and lasts for 3 years. Renewing a registration costs £105.
The Environment Agency will not take enforcement action against you if you do not register during the 3 month extension period after your renewal date.
They will take enforcement action against you if you do not register after the 3 month extension period.
This RPS will be reviewed in June 2018. You will need to check back then to see if it still applies.
For further information and contact information click here www.gov.uk